Jul 11, 2014

Summer Dollie Camp's First Assignment (day 2)




Hi campers!

Are y'all having fun? Hope you are! So far in our camp we have Sophia, Julie, Taylor and Addy. If you aren't registered for camp, you can come here, and then catch up here.

We are on day 2! You'll need your cameras for this assignment. Maybe you're thinking, "My photography isn't even good." That's ok! And I'm sure it is good! The meaning of Summer Dollie Camp: Photography is to help you learn about cameras and how to take better photos. So let's learn about some photography terms.

Incident light- Light falling on a surface, not the light reflected from it. Incident light rays are those that strike an object.

MF- Manual Focus, focusing on an object by using your hand with a lens, not automatically.

and.... now it's YOUR turn to research a term! 

Please email me a photography term with the meaning.

There is one more thing!

Take a picture of your doll wearing a crazy outfit! It can be colorful, wild, cute, hideous, whatever you want! Remember the terms I talked about above and try to use them with your photography. Please send it to me! Please, only 1 picture. :) It will be added to this post! I will also score it!

Things campers need to do:

Send an email to Danielle with a new term you learned about.
Send an email to Danielle with your doll wearing a crazy outfit! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophia and Julie,

Photography Term- Accessory Shoes - also often called "Hot Shoe". The early flash types were simple metal brackets. To install a flash unit, you just slide the mounting foot of the flash into the accessory shoe. No electrical connection is made between camera and flash - it's just a simple and convenient way to attach the flash unit to the camera. Subsequent accessory shoes have been built as part of the camera and usually reat on top of the camera's pentaprism; others are separate items that you mount on the camera body when you need them. Some like the Nikon early professional camera has special dedicated which was designed around the rewind knob.



Addy,



Edith being a skater clown on one foot!
​So like this called sephia tone, It makes the pic really clear (sometimes) and it'll show the textures of what you're shooting and though it's not very colorful it makes the pic look really great! 
(I'm not sure if I'm explaining very well :)


Allison and Taylor,

Here is my photography term:
Spray and Pray: Shooting a large amount of images without much care, and hoping that one will turn out.


and my dolls Taylor's crazy/wild outfit! LOL! 


Lindsay and Mckenna, 

Aberration: Imperfection in an image caused by defects within a lens.




Kaitlyn and Claire,

claire 038.JPG

Term:
Aberration - failing in the ability of a lens to produce a true image.


-Danielle


12 comments:

  1. Hey! :) Sophia (me) isn't a doll, I was signing my doll Julie up. LOL! Sorry about the misunderstanding! :)

    Sophia (human)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to sign up! Hopefully it's okay that I'm one day late. :)
    ~Marisa
    p.s. I'm signing up my doll Liz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! You've been nominated for the Daisy Chain Award on my blog! Click the link below to be taken to the post. Be sure to pass the award on to more amazing bloggers!

    http://marisasamericangirls.blogspot.com/2014/07/daisy-chain-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, i see great minds think alike...I too have nominated you for the Daisy chain Award. I hope you can do a double post.
    http://teatimewithmelodyq.blogspot.com/2014/07/daisy-chain-award_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent you mine a couple of hours ago!
    P.S. I can't see any of the pictures!
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for an award on my blog! Go see. :)

    Sophia
    thatssomebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you judge the pictures yet?
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I've nominated you for another award on my blog. Check it out.

    Sophia
    thatssomebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Before you comment, please read the rules:

1. NO bad language
2. Comment respectfully
Any bad comments will be immediately DELETED!

~Danielle